cubelight gfx

Art Out

Buy Stuff

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

_Euparkeria_ study: 2

So how is the first member of the upcoming show coming?

Source material for Euparkeria is rather thin on the ground; my primary source of anatomic information comes from Robert L. Carroll's book, Vertebrate Paleontology and Evolution (1997). And it does feature some nice views of Euparkeria's skull (p 270).

Only...

The views presented are only in plan and elevation views. A section view of the skull is missing, so I derived this from the two existing views:



Note that it is orthographically rendered, and I have no idea if the eyes pointed quite that far forward. But from the three drawings I was able to sketch this pretty quickly:



Hang on, I think this would make a fine logo for the show! It just needs a bit of tweaking. Watch this blog for further updates.

Carroll, R. L. 1997. Vertebrate Paleontology and Evolution. 7th printing. WH Freeman and Company, New York. p 270 and 264.

2 comments:

Zach said...

It took you two weeks to post THAT?! I jest, sir. It's a wonderful study, although I kind of prefer your other, more conceptual rendering for the logo. The dark/light one, you know.

We must get together this weekend and discuss the show further, including mediums. I retest my Wacom again tonight after some tinkering, but it sounds like I may have to resort to...*sigh*...actual paint. Gina paints, and she's got plenty of it, as well as canvases.

Dicing with Dragons said...

I should have those photos of your geckos I took up by next year!